Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another Graduation

I received word at 9:00 AM that my mother passed away this morning. She was a few weeks shy of her 84th birthday. I'm so grateful to have had her this long. She was just 41 when her own mother died. On my other blog "Plain and Precious Things" I share a talk I gave in church on Easter which expresses my testimony of the Resurrection.

My son, PW, and I talked about mourning on our walk, and agreed that we grieve because we are lonely, left behind by the one who has graduated from boarding school and gone home. I have no doubt that the person who leaves is happy, greeted by loved ones and feeling light and free from pain.

I love my mother and wish I could have said goodbye.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. My own mother passed away 3 years ago on Mother's day, a bittersweet day for me ever since.

    I know your deep faith is a solace to you and your family. And yet, please do accept my condolences in this time of parting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of you and your family, my friend.

    ReplyDelete